Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Fire damage shutters Harvest on 25th bistro

Fire damage shutters Harvest on 25th bistro

{{featured_button_text}}

An electrical fire Thursday evening at Harvest on 25th has forced the local breakfast and brunch restaurant to close temporarily.

The Waco Fire Department responded to a call around 6:30 p.m. about smoke showing from a strip shopping center at North 25th Street and Washington Avenue.

In a Facebook post, the bistro’s owners said an electrical fire started in their front room, destroying the entry and kitchen but leaving other parts of the building intact.

“There are no words to describe how devastating this is for our team, especially Toby and Juanita, who built Harvest on 25th from the ground up,” the post states. “We’ve all poured so much love and care into the space and into building a community around feeding your body and soul well.”

Harvest also reported that there were no injuries as no one was in the building at the time of the fire.

The restaurant, which will remain shut down until further notice, has set up a GoFundMe page, which had received $12,000 in donations by early Friday evening.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Reporter

Hailing from the Chicagoland area, Amaris E. Rodriguez is a 2019 graduate of Northeastern Illinois University and formerly worked the Journal & Topics news organization in Des Plains, Ill. Steve Boggs Editor

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

Breaking News

News Alert