The Waco-McLennan County Public Health District is distributing COVID-19 vaccines to the public as they become available.
After the winter storm started to abate, vaccination resumed Friday and Saturday at the Waco Convention Center for people who had received their first shot weeks ago and those who missed recent vaccination appointments. Ascension Providence also held a second vaccination clinic Saturday at University High School for Waco ISD and Midway ISD at-risk staff members.
You can sign up for a vaccine appointment at covidwaco.com. Help signing up is available at (254) 750-1890.
A waitlist for the vaccine is currently at 30,000 people. The vaccine is available at no charge, regardless of insurance status.
A second public clinic is available at Ascension Providence hospital, 6901 Medical Parkway, but all appointment times and waitlist slots are currently full. More information is available healthcare.ascension.org/COVID-19/Vaccinations.
Starting Thursday, Feb. 11, CVS Health is expected to begin administering 38,000 doses that the federal government is supplying to its pharmacies in 11 Texas communities, including Waco. The company has not specified which Waco stores would carry the shots or how many would be given here.
The pharmacy giant is setting up online and phone systems to book a time slot for the first dose, with online registration opening as early as Tuesday, Feb. 9. To register, eligible people can visit CVS.com or call 800-746-7287.
Walmart and Sam's Club pharmacies, in cities outside of Waco, are offering free COVID-19 vaccines in Marlin, Gatesville, Mexia and Corsicana, among 130 other towns statewide.
More information on availability and appointments can be found at www.walmart.com/covidvaccine or www.samsclub.com/covid. Appointments are being made only for people in phase 1A, such as medical workers and nursing home patients, and phase 1B, including people 65 and older and people with chronic medical conditions.
As of Sunday, Feb. 19, there have been 25,223 first vaccine doses given in McLennan County and 10,374 people are fully vaccinated with both doses.
Who is eligible?
If you have received a vaccine, you will need a second dose after 28 days to maximum effectiveness. Keep your shot record to present it for your second dose.
The Waco-McLennan County Public Health District received 1,500 doses for each of its first several weeks of public vaccination clinics, which began Jan. 11. Ascension Providence received 1,950 doses per week for the first two weeks of February.
Waco Transit is available to provide transportation, with 24 hours notice, by calling (254) 750-1620.
The following entities in McLennan County have received allocations of COVID-19 vaccines, according to Texas Department of State Health Services records.
Not all providers are vaccinating the public or people in all priority groups.
- #672, 1821 S. Valley Mills Drive
- #557, 801 N. Interstate 35
- #64, 3801 N. 19th St.
- #423, 1301 Wooded Acres Drive
- #583, 9100 Woodway Drive
Brookshire Brothers Pharmacies:
- #63, 406 N. Frontage Road, Lorena
- #68, 1250 W. McGregor Drive, McGregor
- Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center, 100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd.
- Providence Health Center, 6901 Medical Parkway
- Providence Lake Shore, 2100 Lake Shore Drive
- Providence Clinic Londonderry, 7003 Woodway Drive
- Waco-McLennan County Public Health District, 225 W. Waco Drive
- Waco Center for Youth, 3501 N. 19th St.
- Lynn's La Vega Pharmacy, 2401 E. Waco Drive
- Brookeshire's Pharmacy #90, 100 Peplow Drive, Robinson
- Baylor University Student Health Services, 209 Speight Ave.
- Premier ER & Urgent Care, 900 Austin Ave.
- Premier ER Waco, 211. N. Jack Kultgen Expressway
- Premier ER & Urgent Care, 9110 Jordan Lane, Woodway
- Family Health Center - Waco, 1600 Providence Drive
- Bell's Hill Community Clinic, 911 S. 20th St.
- Elm Avenue Community & Dental Clinic, 609 Elm Ave.
- Martin Luther King Clinic, 1911 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- South 18th Community and Dental Clinic, 1800 Gurley Lane
- MCC Community Clinic, 4601 N. 19th St.
- Bellmead Community Clinic, 3400 Bellmead Drive
- West Waco Community Clinic, 600 W. State Highway 6
- Oceans Behavioral Hospital, 5931 Crosslake Parkway
- Texas Cancer Care Research Center, 1700 W. State Highway 6
- Waco Internal Medicine Associates, 301 Richland West Circle
- McGregor Community & Dental Clinic, 500 Johnson Drive, McGregor
- West Oak Medical Clinic, 407 W. Oak St., West
- Falls Community Hospital and Clinic, 322 Coleman Street, Marlin
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services, 217 Williams St., Marlin